Douglas Anderson School of the Arts
Senior 2020 Theatre Department Scholarships
Due to our Virtual Learning Environment, each applicant must complete this online application form: https://bit.ly/2JoAa5K
One Scholarship will be awarded in EACH of the following areas:
$1,000 Musical Theatre – (Must be your Major)
$1,000 Performance Theatre – (Must be your Major)
$1,000 Technical Theatre – (Must be your Major)
$1,000 Academic Achievement* (Minimum of 3.0 Weighted GPA to apply)
$1,000 Jackie Cornelius Award/Spirit of Douglas Anderson
Items Needed to Apply:
1. 500 Word Essay ‐Prompt: “How has your arts education influenced your life?”
2. Resume which should include all your theatre‐related activities (at DA and outside of school)
as well as any awards, honors, work experience and volunteer/service efforts
3. An application will be required. *If you wish to apply for the Academic Achievement, get
your transcript from the Guidance Office. Your OFFICIAL DA Transcript with calculated GPA is required.
4. Letter of Acceptance to the college you will be attending
5. A 15 minute interview will be conducted so brush up on those skills!
‐ Application will be available Monday, March 30, 2020
‐ Application and supporting documentation must be emailed to DAdramascholarships@gmail.com by Tuesday, April 28th by 4:00 pm
‐ Fair Share must be paid in full for consideration for any of these scholarships
‐ May not have a class 3 or 4 code of conduct violation in your senior year
‐ You may apply for more than one scholarship, but may only receive one
‐ Only current seniors are eligible
A Scholarship Committee has been formed and interviews for all who apply will be held in early May.
Best of luck to ALL applicants! The DASOTA Theatre Boosters are very proud of the Class of 2020!